Monday, April 13, 2015

Progress and Change in Study

After going through my routine regularly, I have decided that something that interests me is how exercising changes studying efficiency and effectiveness. I will continue to exercise regularly from here on out, but I will mostly be reporting on how it changes my schoolwork and studying for tests and quizzes in the coming weeks (especially AP tests and classes).

That being said, in the break week we just had, I spent some time doing miscellaneous physical activities, such as rock climbing, backpacking, carrying equipment, and running.

One thing I have heard over the radio, and has been corroborated by many studies, is that the body releases the glycogen that gives you extra energy after 5-6 minutes of the workout. Advice given by numerous people is to set your workout time to roughly 7-8 minutes, so that way the carbs can fully breakdown in your blood, and you will have energy to go much longer than your set minimum.

So far, this technique has proved rather fruitful, and I will continue to use it as my basis for the coming weeks. I have a math final and a physics test coming up this week, let's see how this goes.

2 comments:

  1. From my personal experience, exercising helps me clear my mind when I have too many tests coming up. It's a good mental break in between studying and solving hard problems. Good luck on the AP tests coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really great that you've been exercising regularly, everyone could benefit from it but its sometimes hard to find the time. Its convenient that you keep your workouts relatively short so that you are still able to do them consistently without taking out too much time from your day. It can help you with so many different things beyond your studies, you may even want to look into its other benefits as well (:

    ReplyDelete